Your Partner in Diversity Recruitment
At Shepherd Search Group, we understand that diversity is not just a buzzword or a box to be checked off. Diversity and inclusion can have a significant positive effect on your organization and your bottom line. Workplace diversity brings a breadth of perspectives, a range of ideas, and a broader reach into the communities you serve.
What Can Diversity Mean to Your Organization?
- Businesses with workplace diversity are 35% more likely to have ﬁnancial returns higher than industry medians.
- Companies in the top quartile for gender diversity are 15% more likely to have ﬁnancial returns above their national industry medians.
- For every 10% increase in racial and ethnic diversity on the senior executive team, earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) rise 0.8%.
- Ethnically diverse leadership teams are 36% more likely to be proﬁtable.
- Companies with diverse management teams report innovation revenue 19% higher than their less diverse counterparts.
- Companies in the top 25% for both gender and ethnic diversity are 12% more likely to outperform all other companies.
Attract and Retain Talent
Today’s job seekers are increasingly prioritizing companies committed to diversity recruitment. It demonstrates that your company understands the advantages workplace inclusion offers. Many candidates seek employers where they can make an impact on their community and contribute to a meaningful cause with their work efforts.
They look for companies that reﬂect their communities and want to see people in leadership positions who look like them or come from similar backgrounds.
- 67% of job seekers said a diverse workforce is important when considering job offers.
- 57% of employees think their companies should be more diverse.
Investing in a diversity recruitment strategy can greatly improve your ability to source and hire exceptional talent. Shepard can help you develop a diversity recruitment strategy that can help you compete in an increasingly global world.
How Can You Add Diversity to Your Business?
Get Top-Down Buy-In
A commitment to workplace diversity must be embraced from the highest levels. The C-Suite sets the tone for how well diversity is accepted throughout the company. Leadership should be vocal about the importance of diversity and inclusion and take significant steps toward making it a priority.
Create A Diversity Recruitment Plan
Workplace inclusion requires a strategic approach. A stated diversity and inclusion policy is not enough. Stakeholders must develop a plan with clear objectives, metrics, and an action plan to identify and attract a diverse range of candidates to your organization.
Your Diversity Recruitment Strategy Should Include:
- Setting diversity goals and measure your progress toward those objectives.
- Establishing a Chief Diversity Officer position that has influence and decision-making power.
- Recruiting diverse candidates for positions at all levels, not just entry-to-mid-level roles.
- Partner with organizations with a diversity mission that can connect you with a wide range of candidates.
Work with a Shepherd Search Group
We can help your organization recruit diverse candidates for all levels of your company. We actively recruit in-demand passive candidates across the United States and even internationally. We help companies achieve workplace inclusion more effectively.
Review our Diversity Recruitment PowerPoint to learn more:
Schedule a Free Diversity Consultation: